Tour Code AS2G01 Khao Yai National Park - Elephant Riding
Tour Code AS2G01
Explore Khao Yai National Park - Haew Narok Waterfall - Ox Cart Ride - Elephant Riding - Authentic Cooking and Market Tour
What You'll Do:
- Discover the local morning market
- Experience an ox cart ride in the countryside
- Enjoy a 30-minute elephant ride through the jungle
- Hike to Haew Narok Waterfall in Khao Yai National Park
- Stop at KM 30 to enjoy the scenery of Khao Yai National Park
- Explore Khao Yai National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Savor an authentic lunch at a renowned Thai-style wooden home
- Learn how to prepare 5 classic dishes, such as "tom yum" and "pad thai"
Leave Bangkok for a full-day trip into the jungle. Ride oxen, enjoy a freshly-cooked Thai lunch, visit a national park and enjoy an Elephant Ride for an all-round incredible experience.
06:30: Your guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel and head to Nakhon Nayok Province for around 1.5hours.
09:00: Stop at a local market to see and sample some local food, such as deep fried insects and seasonal fruits. This market sells all kinds of meat, fish, seafood, vegetables and herbs as well as clothes and shoes. Purchase some seasonal fruits as a tasty lunch addition. Drive for another 30 minutes to Baan Kwian Village to experience the "Colorful Thai Way of Living".
10:00: Enjoy a relaxing ox cart ride. This has been the traditional form of transport in Thailand for centuries. The ride can be a bit bumpy but a lot of fun. It will give you an idea of how the local population commutes in this beautiful forested region.
11:00: Arrive at a Thai-style wooden home and learn the secret recipe of 5 classic Thai dishes, before cooking an authentic Thai meal. Learn the wonders of Thai herbs and spices, which makes Thai cuisine popular the world over, in a home-style learning environment. When it’s time to eat, move to the dining area and enjoy your meal and fresh fruits.
12:30: Continue to Khao Yai National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site where you’ll take a short hike to Haew Narok Waterfall. For a beautiful view of the waterfall, walk 1 kilometer from the main road.
14:30: Next, relax with a bird’s eye view from atop an elephant for a 30-minute ride exploring small jungles and crossing a creek. After a leisurely ride, feed and take picture with them and watch how they use their trunks to pick up and eat bananas, pineapples and sugar canes.
15:30: You will return to your hotel in Bangkok, arriving at around 18:30.
- National Park entrance fees
- Licensed English-speaking tour guide
- Free water during the Thai cooking class
- A 20-minute ox cart ride in the countryside
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Passengers' insurance and travel planning service
- Transportation by comfortable minivan, vehicle or car
- A 30-minute elephant ride through the jungle and creek
- Complimentary water and refreshing towels excluding soft drinks
- Raincoats and anti-leech socks during the rainy season will be provided
- 3-hour version of a popular Thai cooking class including a Thai market tour
- An authentic Thai lunch at a renowned Thai style wooden home and Thai cooking class:
5 dishes available to learn: (vegetarian dishes are available upon request)
1. Green papaya salad (Som Tam)
2. Stir-fried rice noodles (Pad Thai)
3. Stir-fried Chinese morning glory (Pad Pak Bung Fai Daeng)
4. Spicy prawn soup, lemongrass and galangal (Tom Yum Goong)
5. A classic plate of easy and authentic Thai basil chicken recipe (Pad Kra Pao Gai)
What's not included:
- Other services
- All optional tours
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and soft drinks (available to purchase)
- Swimming is not permitted
- Please bring sun protection as needed.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Comfortable clothing and good walking shoes are recommended.
- A vegetarian option is available if requested at the time of booking
- Private 1 - 9 Adults, A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required.
- Please provide a full list of names (as they appear on passports), for the insurance policy.
- Please inform the tour operator if your customers have any dietary restrictions and allergies.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time