Tour Code AS2G05 Explore Khao Yai National Park - with Authentic Cooking and Market Tour
Tour Code AS2G05
Explore Khao Yai National Park
Haew Narok Waterfall with Authentic Cooking and Market Tour
What You'll Do:
- Stop at the Visitor Center
- Hike to Haew Narok Waterfall in Khao Yai National Park
- Visit a local market and select ingredients for a cooking class
- Stop at KM. 30 to enjoy the scenery of Khao Yai National Park
- Explore Khao Yai National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Savor an authentic lunch at a renowned Thai-style wooden home
- Learn how to prepare 5 classic dishes, such as "tom yum" and "pad thai"
- Sample ice creams of interesting flavors, such as white wine lychee or red wine strawberry
Take a tour of local morning market and sample five home-cooked dishes from authentic Thai recipes. Afterwards, explore Khao Yai National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and discover Heaw Narok waterfall, the park’s top highlight.
06:30: Enjoy a free hotel pick-up from your hotel in Bangkok and head to an authentic, local morning market. This is a 100% 'must visit' in Nakhon Nayok, overflowing with color, enticing fragrances and friendly smiles. Most of the goodies on sale here are fresh and preserved local foods.
09:00: Your guide will teach you how to choose the best sample of each ingredient to create delicious dishes at your cooking class. Your market cooking class will start with a visit guided by your tour guide to the local market to discover and select fresh, seasonal produce for the day's menu.
Learn the secrets of selecting top quality produce from the market which sells all kinds of meat, fish, seafood, vegetables and herbs as well as clothes and shoes. Purchase some seasonal fruits or Thai Desserts (Khanom Wan) as a tasty lunch addition and meet local merchants who you can ask questions.
10:30: Aprons, chopping boards & chef's knives are all provided as you cook together the famous Thai Cuisine. In this cooking lesson you'll learn the secret recipe of 5 classic Thai dishes such as Green Papaya Salad (Som Tam), Stir-Fried Rice Noodles (Pad Thai), Spicy Prawn Soup, lemongrass and galangal (Tom Yum Goong), Authentic Thai Basil Chicken Recipe (Pad Kra Pao Gai) and Stir Fried Chinese Morning Glory (Pad Pak Bung Fai Daeng). Learn the wonders of Thai herbs and spices, which make Thai cuisine popular the world over, in a home-style learning environment.
At the end of this hands-on cooking lesson, enjoy eating a delicious meal with bottled water and fresh fruits or Thai Desserts (Khanom Wan). Alcoholic drinks and soft drinks are available for an extra charge. Leave the local family with a full stomach and unforgettable memories from an amazing experience.
12:00: Afterwards, entering from the main gate on the Prachinburi side, en-route to the park, continue the program with a visit to Khao Yai National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site where you’ll take a short hike to Haew Narok Waterfall. For a beautiful view of the waterfall, walk 1 km from the main road. You'll find a stunning scene which you can admire before taking a safe trail down the cliff.
13:30: Stop at the Visitor Center to get facts about the park’s history and attractions. There is also a museum with lots of great facts about the park. The helpful and friendly park rangers and the staff are available to provide information and most of them are English-speaking.
14:00: The final stop in Khao Yai National Park is KM. 30 Viewpoint, on Thanarat Road, where you can enjoy the scenery in the north part of the expansive and beautiful Khao Yai National Park.
14:45: After leaving from Khao Yai National Park you'll reach the gate of the red-white restaurant which is surrounded by a small, lush tropical garden that provides a refreshing country feel that perfectly fits into the surrounding scenic mountainous of Khao Yai National Park. There's something complimentary for everyone such as pasteurized milk, organic coffee, herbal tea, fresh juice or homemade ice-cream that include such unique flavors as white wine lychee, red wine strawberry, anchan (a Thai herb), rum and raisin, and much, much more. It will be served in a cute design cup which you can bring home as a souvenir.
15:15: Transfer back to your hotel in Bangkok for approximately 18:30.
- National park entrance fees
- Licensed English-speaking tour guide
- Free water during the Thai cooking class
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Passenger insurance and travel planning service
- Transportation by comfortable minivan, vehicle or car
- Complimentary water and refreshing towels excluding soft drinks
- Raincoats and anti-leech socks during the rainy season will be provided
- 3-hour version of a popular Thai cooking class including a Thai market tour
- Pasteurized milk, organic coffee, herbal tea, fresh juice or homemade ice-cream. It will be served in a cute design cup which you can bringhome as a souvenir.
- An authentic Thai lunch at a renowned Thai style wooden home and Thai cooking class:
5 dishes available to learn: (vegetarian dishes are available upon request)
1. Green papaya salad (Som Tam)
2. Stir-fried rice noodles (Pad Thai)
3. Stir-fried Chinese morning glory (Pad Pak Bung Fai Daeng)
4. Spicy prawn soup, lemongrass and galangal (Tom Yum Goong)
5. A classic plate of easy and authentic Thai basil chicken recipe (Pad Kra Pao Gai)
What’s not included:
- Other services
- All optional tours
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and soft drinks (available to purchase)
What to remember:
- Please bring sun protection as needed.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Comfortable clothing and good walking shoes are recommended.
- Private 1 - 9 Adults, A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required.
- Please provide a full list of names (as they appear on passports), for the insurance.
- Please inform the tour operator if your customers have any dietary restrictions and allergies.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.